Monday, October 10, 2011

First Day

The last night before class was spent in the flat playing a video game in Shaun's room, playing card games (Go Fish and War, for the curious), and watching my favorite TV show, Friends.  Carolyn showed me this website and we watched it on my computer in my room, starting from the beginning.

I had my first class today at 11am.  I was so excited, I didn't sleep much the night before...but now that I have time in between this class and the next, I decided to work on some reading, blog...and maybe nap.  :)

My first class today was Gender and Women's Studies 101.  I left the flat at maybe around 10:45am and got there early.  This campus is super small!  Back at home, I would typically leave the apartment at least a half hour before class started.  I love that everything is so close.  It makes life easy.  Thinking about it today, I'm already getting sad about leaving.  Because now that classes have started, I feel like I finally have a life!  Ha.  I am definitely starting to fall in love...

It is a little rainy here today, but not bad.  I just wore my white, waterproof jacket and my Converse.  Actually, the classroom I was in was really hot!  So it was kind of nice that it was cool out.

After my first class, I met up with Carolyn to run some errands and grab lunch.  We ate at Sultan's on campus.  I had a Tomato and Mozzarella panini with chips and a drink.  It was sooo good, but I couldn't finish.  I felt bad -- I hate leaving food.

Then we went to Waterstone, a bookstore here in the UK, and Proust's, Swann's Way, was screaming my name.  I bought it.  Excellent purchase.  I can't wait to curl up in bed and start reading it.

My next class is a film showing for my Literature and Film class.  I can't remember what we're watching, but I found out last night (when I was being an insomniac) that I actually do have quite a bit of reading to do before I go.  It begins at 5pm and I've still got about 3 hours to do it.  Better start now if I want to get started on Proust!

Cheers! :)

You can't see it here, but the lecture theatre my first class was in is on the left!

1 comment:

  1. WE NEED TO WATCH MORE EPISODES OF FRIENDS!!!! It will help us get through the gap between New Girl episodes.

    ReplyDelete